Did you know that as recently as February 2010:
- As many as 545,000 people sought food assistance from the Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) in 2009
- About a third of the households receiving food assistance have at least one child younger than 18 years of age
- 44% of those households had to choose between food and heat
- 34% of those households had to choose between food and rent
- 37% of those households had to choose between food and medical care
Last year, the GBFB distributed almost 41 million pounds of food, enough to provide healthy meals to as many as 545,000 people. The GBFB is committed to increasing food distribution in 2013 to provide at least ONE MEAL A DAY to every person in need in eastern Massachusetts.
Did you know that YOU CAN HELP? And if you help at the Monday, November 5th Boston CANshare Kickoff Event from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. at Boston City Hall, you can get FREE Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and FREE milkshakes from b.good?
Here are the details: