Did you know you could register to sample FREE desserts AND help one of Boston’s fabulous nonprofits, Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer? Win win right? Chile Olive Oil is sponsoring the Boston Bakes Charity Bakeoff this Tuesday, October 9 at the Somerville Armory from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. RSVP here – I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED to be a judge at this event!
Here’s more info:
We’re bringing together top bakers, pastry chefs, and dessert artists from restaurants and bakeries across Boston to compete for a good cause! With Chilean EVOO inspired desserts, competitors contend for the Grand Prize of having a donation made in his or her name to the charity Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer. The desserts will be judged by Boston culinary bloggers, like Bianca Garcia of Confessions of a Chocoholic, Karen Zgoda of Fussy Eater, and Susan Holiday of Food Service East.The participants include:
There will also be a tasting of the Smooth and Bold Chilean extra virgin olive oils with a master taster, fine Chilean wines to pair with the delicious desserts, a raffle with all benefits to Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer, and gift bags for all attendees with a bottle of Chile’s finest EVOO and other surprises.
Schedule is as follows:
- 6:00PM doors open to guests
- 6:00-7:45 sampling of dishes (voting ballots & baskets will be out on tables for guests to place votes)
- 7:45-8:15 Thank you and quick welcome speech
- 8:15-8:45 all guests must cast votes and raffle tickets & the judges must make their decision
- 8:45-9:00 announcement of the winner, and raffle prize giveaways
Space is limited – RSVP here!