|This guy is READY for cheesecake – are you? All rights reserved by madmolecule.|
National Cheesecake Day is this Saturday, July 30th! While not an actual “designated day” (ahem Congress maybe we could clear that up more swiftly than the budget?) but rather a placeholder for reservations at restaurants that serve cheesecake, who am I to not promote the eating of fabulous cheesecake?
Some random cheesecake ruminations:
- Did you know cheesecake originated ancient Greece?
- The New York Times has a topic page devoted entirely to cheesecake, complete with a “cheesecake navigator” to browse recipes.
- Engineers enjoy making cheesecake, very preciously. The comments on this recipe are as entertaining as the recipe.
- One of the best cheesecake variations comes out of St. Louis. It is called Gooey Butter Cake and it is to die for. Here is my favorite recipe for Gooey Butter Cake, just add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Avoid mistakes making your own cheesecake (parts 1 and 2 of the Good Eats episode):
- Finale Desserterie & Bakery: Beginning July 30th through August 5th, enjoy any 6” cheesecake for $16 (Reg $24) or an 8” for $24 (Reg $36); individual vanilla cheesecakes will be offered for $3.99 (reg $4.99).
- J.P. Lick’s is serving Baileys Chocolate Chip Cheesecake ice cream this month.
- Cheesecake Factory: Dine in and enjoy any slice of cheesecake 1/2 off on July 30th.