What a fantastic idea – please help spread the word! The following is reposted from:
Bakesale for Japan – How Food Businesses Can Get Involved!
If you’re a food business or would like to contact one on behalf of the Bakesale, here’s some information on how to help!
Donating food/baked goods to sell:
- The more stuff we have to sell, the better! We literally cannot have too many baked goods.
- All items must be delivered with a complete list of ingredients, as well as an item name.
- Please plan to deliver your goods in containers you will not need returned.
Gluten-free/ dairy-free/ vegan items are welcome and should be clearly labeled as such.
- Japanese specialties such as mochi and other delicacies are more than welcome.
- We sell everything by suggested donation, so the more delicious/special the items, and the nicer the packaging/presentation, the more money we can get!
- If you are donating goods from a certified/licensed food business, you are welcome to label the goods with your logo/identity.
- Individually wrapped treats, when possible, as well as half-dozens, dozens, whole cakes/pies/tarts/loaves etc. are preferred (rather than a basket of unwrapped cookies meant to be sold one by one), but not required.
- We’d prefer if you could drop off your donation between 9am & 12pm on 4/2 at the Bakesale. If that is not possible, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate alternate drop off or pick-up!